We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

having a hard time deciding

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
having a hard time deciding

My huisband and I are planning to stay in Breckenridge based on suggested mountain biking and hiking trails. . He is an extreme rider, I am an mid atlantic novice. My problem with Breckenridge is the accommodations. What I'm finding is that it is a condo town with very few hotel choices.

The rates in Beaver Creek and Vail seems really great for excellent hotels now, but don't know anything about the hiking biking situation.

Suggestions are most welcome.

We are planning to stay 10.4-10.7

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: having a hard time deciding

Oct. is off-season for the mountain towns so rates should be good everywhere.

As you are finding, Breck is a condo dominated town.

Some places to check out would be

Marriot- good location, close to main st.

Beaver Run & Village At Breckenridge are both big resort type places which will have studio style units available, good amenities and close walk to Main St.

Likewise for River Mountain Lodge, Mountain Thunder....or try a B&B. Again, early October is slow season in the mountains and you should be seeing very good lodging rates.

As a suggestion for mtn. biking:

Fruita, CO- Bookcliffs, Mary Loop area...

Moab, UT- mtn. bike riding is....insane and weather is great for mid-Oct.

also, a possible look see at Durango, CO.

Enjoy,

Matt

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: having a hard time deciding

As I sit here typing with ( a still ) broken clavicle and ribs I have a hard time even thinking Mtn Biking....but I have done some great rides from Beaver Creek. The Village to Village trail hooks up with some other great trails. The aspens should be still in color. I hiked the Village To Village Trail from Arrowhead this past Sunday and the trees were still mostly green. Vail Mountain has some good trails too. I assume he is cross country not down hill?

I am more familiar with rides in and around Breck though. I like the trails you can access from the Dredge parking area off Tiger rd. About 3 miles from the highway. Or liked as it was the scene of my most recent crash, hence the busted bones....

There are also a bunch of trails near Country Boy Mine. Or off Boreas Pass, really tons of riding. Are you bringing your own bikes?

maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: having a hard time deciding

thanks for the info. Sorry about your crash heal quickly.

4. Re: having a hard time deciding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 03:19