We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowcat @ Nordic Center

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Snowcat @ Nordic Center

Has anyone done the snowcat ride at the Nordic Center lately? Trying to decide on one fun non-skiing thing to do this trip. All suggestions welcome.

12 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,837 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

For me, that would be boring. I have been in snowcat for skiing. I can't imagine just driving around in one. I'd rather tour the Nordic center on snow shoes or skis.

You might also consider 2 Below Zero in Frisco for a sleigh ride tour. Tubing at Keystone. Maybe ice skating?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

We have done Ice skating, sledding at carter park and two below zeros summer show. We also loved Snow Cap Sled Dogs. We didnt do the tubing last year bc we drove by and there was blood all down the hill and it looked nasty.

It’s down to the snow cat or snow mobiling, will update after our trip with how it goes! Advantage to snowcat is our 5 year old is free & it’s a lot closer.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,837 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

You can't "drive" by the tubing hill at Keystone. It is only accessible via chair lift or gondola.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

I ski at the nordic center 5-6 days per week. While I've never done the snowcat tour I've seen people taking it. They all seem like they're having a great time, both getting in before the tour and getting out of the cat after. The cat is a very high tech machine, with parts by Ferrari. Gene Dayton, the usual cat driver, is one of nicest people I've ever met and a plethora of local information. I say do it, and your 5 year old will love it. You may even see some local wildlife. The nordic center also has a fantastic full-log lodge with drinks and snacks. It is quintessential Colorado

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

I ski at the nordic center 5-6 days per week. While I've never done the snowcat tour I've seen people taking it. They all seem like they're having a great time, both getting in before the tour and getting out of the cat after. The cat is a very high tech machine, with parts by Ferrari. Gene Dayton, the usual cat driver, is one of nicest people I've ever met and a plethora of local information. I say do it, and your 5 year old will love it. You may even see some local wildlife. The nordic center also has a fantastic full-log lodge with drinks and snacks. It is quintessential Colorado

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,837 posts
65 reviews
6. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

You might also look at the Ice Castles. https://icecastles.com/dillon/

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

ohhhhh I was thinking the tubing at Frisco. We never drive all the way to Keystone, 30 minutes is not worth it to me on a trip less than a week.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

We definitely want to see the ice castle but I don’t think it opens until later- we may go at Spring Break when we can stop in on the way to Breck from the airport.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,837 posts
65 reviews
9. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

Sounds like the snowcat is a fit then

Colorado
Level Contributor
13,098 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: Snowcat @ Nordic Center

When is your trip?

Last night on the news they said they may be opening the Ice Castles sooner because they've had great conditions. Watch the website for info.

Doubtful that they will still be there over spring break.

Reply to: Snowcat @ Nordic Center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge