We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Time to Breckenridge

chicago,il
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
1st Time to Breckenridge

Hi, my husband and I will be going to Breckenridge for the first time in a few weeks. I need help picking a hotel. We would like ski in/out and close to town. Trying to stay under $250/night if possible. I appreciate any suggestions!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Mentioned in this post
Wedgewood Lodge
Wedgewood Lodge
#2 of 23 hotels in Breckenridge
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
#3 of 23 hotels in Breckenridge
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

We like the location of the Village at Breckenridge--a short walk to the lift and to Main St.

Mentioned in this post
Village at Breckenridge Resort
Village at Breckenridge...
450 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

Very few hotel options in Breckenridge as it is a condo dominated area. On top of that, not many true ski in/out options.

I would look at

Village At Breckenridge

Beaver Run Resort

Trails End- studio, you will either need to look online on vrbo.com, flipkeycom or call a few of the bigger property management companies.

You could try Marriott- that is a few minute walk to the lift but overall a good location

Matt

Mentioned in this post
Village at Breckenridge Resort
Village at Breckenridge...
450 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center
Beaver Run Resort and...
2,078 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Furlong PA
Level Contributor
643 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

I just checked out of the Wedgewood. See my review. Sounds like what you're looking for

Mentioned in this post
Wedgewood Lodge
Wedgewood Lodge
698 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
61 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

You definitely want Main Street Station....either the Wyndham or b tyne Hyatt side

Mentioned in this post
Main Street Station
Main Street Station
125 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Staffordshire...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

I can def recommend Beaverun as I just got back today . Close to trail real close but a short shuttle to town . I personally would not return to the resort as in my opinion for a 2 week stay there really is not enough choice in Après skiimg . But as I am from Europe that is probably me. But I have to say that the skiing is second to none especially vail and beaver creek .

Staffordshire...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

I can def recommend Beaverun as I just got back today . Close to trail real close but a short shuttle to town . I personally would not return to the resort as in my opinion for a 2 week stay there really is not enough choice in Après skiimg . But as I am from Europe that is probably me. But I have to say that the skiing is second to none especially vail and beaver creek .

chicago,il
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

Thanks so much for the info! We are leaning towards renting a condo in The Village. Any thoughts or advice? I was going to rent it through Vrbo. Has anyone had any problems with the website? I've never used it.

Mentioned in this post
The Village Hotel
The Village Hotel
250 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

We've used vrbo lots of times with no problems

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,321 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

Same here. Great luck with VRBO and AirBnB. I am using AirBnB more these days.

10. Re: 1st Time to Breckenridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2018, 15:17
;