We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

Im heading to Breck for the day and wanted to relax in a hot tub with a view. Ive called a few and they all said no. I am willing to pay. I don't see why i can't simply walk into the Marriott and get in the hot tub. Anyone know?

Mentioned in this post
Breck Inn
Breck Inn
325 Reviews
Breckenridge, CO
Wedgewood Lodge
Wedgewood Lodge
#2 of 23 hotels in Breckenridge
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
#3 of 23 hotels in Breckenridge
Colorado
Level Contributor
12,532 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

If you've called them and they said NO, did you ask them why not?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,230 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

That is not unusual. Hotel amenities are for hotel guests just about everywhere I've ever been.

The public rec center has an outdoor hot pool for ages 16 and up. I haven't been there, but the website says there are good views. breckenridgerecreation.com/locations/brecken…

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

Many places allow you to use the spa facilities if you book a treatment.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

"I don't see why i can't simply walk into the Marriott and get in the hot tub. Anyone know?"

Because it is their hot tub not yours, and it is reserved for their guests.

Do you let anybody come into your house and watch your television ... maybe take a swim in your pool ?

As mentioned, some hotels have Spas which will allow you to use the amenities if you book a service; also some hotels will let you buy a one-day pass to their gym / pool.

5. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2017, 01:35
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,848 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

Personally ~ I think that is just wrong. What if everyone in town had that attitude? The place would be mobbed and go out of business in no time since non paying customers are taking advantage of what is offered and wrecking the budget.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,182 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

It's not unusual for hotels to have a day rate or a rate to use pools and other amenities. But it's also totally up to the hotel. It doesn't surprise me that resort hotels in Breckenridge don't offer it. I would keep trying but know it's up to the hotel to determine if it wishes to sell a day-only product.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

You don't see why? It's called trespassing and people are regularly arrested for doing exactly what you're suggesting.

Agree with suggestions from others about finding a day spa.

9. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2017, 10:35
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,246 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Using hotel amenities for the day without staying....

When I worked at a Holiday Inn in Ft. Collins years ago they did let folks pay to swim in their pool. So it isn't unheard of.

Mentioned in this post