We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Close nice beach to santa clarita

San Gabriel...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Close nice beach to santa clarita

Hello! i have some family coming in to cali from utah and I was wondering what beach is nice, clean, family friendly near santa clarita. They will be going one day to six flags and the next to a beach. I live in the sg valley and dont really know what is the best route from there. I heard ventura county beaches would work but never been to any. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,118 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Close nice beach to santa clarita

Well, Ventura is probably the closest beach to Santa Clarita, but still at least an hour's drive.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
14,102 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Close nice beach to santa clarita

There are several nice Ventura beaches (as Kibblesmom says, all are around 1 hour from you, but that's where people from Santa Clarita go to get to the beach).

Where Seaward deadends into the beach (and just north of Seaward) is a nice beach, part of it State Beach, with small dunes and, at Seaward, some inexpensive but tasty restaurants.

Opposite the Ventura Harbor (just off Harbor Blvd on Spinnaker - see google maps) there's a quiet beach with the harbor shops opposite.

The most crowded and popular beach is near the pier, where there is a playground for kids. It fades out into a surfing area where there's often no beach as one heads north, but there's a boardwalk along the beach there. Surreys and bikes can be rented near the Crowne Plaza.

Marina Park (just south of Seaward, again see google maps) is quite small, has a jetty to walk on, no restaurants, and a grassy area for picnics (also a play area for kids). Marina Park is, again, very small.

North of Ventura are more beach parks - but the ones just mentioned are the most popular for day visitors. The one at Seaward is probably the closest to you. Take 126 to the 101, then head north about 1 mile and sw on Seaward offramp. Take the Pierpont Ave offramp and turn right on Harbor to get to the pier if that's your choice.

Have fun!

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Close nice beach to santa clarita

I'd take or send them to Zuma! Drive down Topanga Canyon one way and Malibu Canyon on returning. It's the quintessential California family beach experience, IMHO.

San Gabriel...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Close nice beach to santa clarita

thanks again!! if anything else comes to mind please let me know.

1 post
5. Re: Close nice beach to santa clarita

HI WE are at holiday inn Express velencia .we are looking place for fun.near santa clarita.mac bean street.

Fareed@miaholding. Com

6. Re: Close nice beach to santa clarita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2018, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Santa Clarita
More Santa Clarita Topics