We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Studios

Cape Town
1 post
Save Topic
Universal Studios

I am visiting USA San Mateo on business from July 16 for a week. Would like to visit Universal Studios on the weekend of that week. HOw far is it from San Mateo and is theretpublic transport / shuttle or a taxi service I could use?

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Studios

San Mateo is near San Francisco. If you drive it is 5 1/2 hours. You can take Amtrak down the coast or you could fly into Burbank Airport (about an hour flight) and taxi it over.

no. cal
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Studios

drive a car!

If you leave by 5:30 a.m. and take 101, you will take an exit down in L.A. marked Universal Studios in time for lunch. No kidding. My husband and I have done this with kids in the car with no problems. Don't take I-5, it looks bigger on a map and people drive much faster, but it veers away from Universal and you would have to do cross-town traffic/freeway to get back to Universal. Enjoy!

3. Re: Universal Studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 18:21
Get answers to your questions about San Mateo
More San Mateo Topics