We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

We are dropping off an RV at Dublin CA then need to get to San Jose airport for our flights east. What would be the easiest and most economical way for a family of 6 with baggage to do this?

I am thinking taxi but wonder about the fare for that trip.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,642 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

Unfortunately there is no easy or economic way to do this. I am thinking the fare may be in the $100 range.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

Ok thanks. That's what I had thought too from research I have done but it's always good asking. As a local in Dublin is there any one provider you would suggest, either shuttle or taxi?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,162 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

The TSS limo is cheaper right TSS ? 60 bucks plus dinner for 2 ? LOL

In all seriousness, you may want to rent a car if you can one way and drop it off at SJC. That may be cheaper. You won't find a cab carrying 6 people Plus bags. Or you can drop 5 off at SJC and bags and then one of you can take a cab.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,642 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

Unfortunately I don't have a car big enough for 6 with luggage. There are lots of taxis loitering around the Dublin BART station, and most of them are mini vans. Try calling this company and see what they say: (800) 500-TAXI (800-500-8294). I have no personal experience with them.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

It's a shame you are departing out of SJC since the BART station in Dublin has trains to OAK (Oakland International) as well as SFO (San Francisco International)? Any chance of changing your flights without incurring a big 'change fee'?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

Flights not booked yet but it's still a hassle for me to get to SFO with bags and 4 small kids. Looked at BART option

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,838 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

Supershuttle is probably a good choice. With 6 people you can reserve a private van.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

A shuttle is about the same price as a taxi, from what I can gather. Is there any advantage in getting a shuttle?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,162 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

If you don't have your tickets, I am not sure why you are making this more difficult that it is. You can drop off luggage to OAK with 4 of you and have one person drop off RV and take cab to BART and BART to OAK. That would be the easiest way to do it instead of hauling kids and bags around.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to San Jose (SJC) from Dublin, CA?

The only concern I have is that my wife feels Oakland is not safe. I'm not saying that is true, that's just the perception she has. Happy to hear things contrary to that.

I looked at doing a similar thing at SFO but it was too much hassle to get across town in the morning rush, but Oakland should be less complicated I would think.