We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice safe place to stay, going to San Jose Municipal Stadium

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nice safe place to stay, going to San Jose Municipal Stadium

Heading to an event at the San Jose Municipal Stadium. I'm from Indiana, so I have no idea about the area. Where would be the safest area to look for a hotel/motel. Have 2 children with me. Is the traffic really bad? Hoping to find a place that won't be a nightmare to get to after the event is over that night.

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
California
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,601 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice safe place to stay, going to San Jose Municipal Stadium

I'd stay downtown - the municipal stadium is just south of there. Downtown there are several good hotels - Hotel St Clare, Marriott, DeAnza, etc. Traffic shouldn't be bad, and even if it is, it will only be bad around the stadium as people leave the place, which will be the case regardless of where you stay. It isn't a huge staduim though.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice safe place to stay, going to San Jose Municipal Stadium

IMO avoid any "good deals" that you may find on Monterey Road (HWY). I agree, stay downtown or maybe at the Arena Motel just outside of it. I can't think of any places right near the stadium. If you don't mind a drive of 10-20 miles you could also look in Campbell or Los Gatos.

Mentioned in this post
Monterey
Monterey
Monterey County, CA
Campbell
Campbell
California
Los Gatos
Los Gatos
California
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice safe place to stay, going to San Jose Municipal Stadium

nearest hotel is Hayes Mansion

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice safe place to stay, going to San Jose Municipal Stadium

This thread is 7 months old, the OP has come and gone.

5. Re: Nice safe place to stay, going to San Jose Municipal Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 15:19