We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

olive oils

Boston...
Level Contributor
454 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
olive oils

I was interested in going to St helena olive oil or Round house for their oil. Can you explain the differences between them and should I go to both? About how much time should I plan on a tour taking and do I need to make a reservation for a Friday in November? Thanks for your help!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: olive oils

Don't forget Napa Valley Olive Oil Manufacturing Company (the original olive oil place, been there for decades): http://www.oliveoilsainthelena.com/

Or Olive Press in the Oxbow-- their infused oils are incredible:

www.theolivepress.com

St Helena Olive Oil is a store w/tastings and trinkets. Yummy, and fun retail therapy.

Round Pound is an experience. And much more scenic/informative. Do the "Olive Mill Tour and Tasting"-- but make sure to get reservations soon! :)

Cheers,

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Mentioned in this post
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
St. Helena
St. Helena
Napa Valley, CA
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Boston...
Level Contributor
454 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: olive oils

Thanks for your reply. How much time should I plan for the tour at Roundpound? Who do you think has the best oils? I also hear one of them has vinegars? Thanks again!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: olive oils

Both Round Pond and Olive Press have vinegars (a natural pairing, in our book).

From the Round Pond site:

"All tours and tastings are by appointment only and available at 10am, 12:30pm and 3:30pm daily. Please allow 1.5 hours for this unique tour and tasting. $25 per person. We require 24 hour in advance for cancellations to avoid being charge for the tour & tasting."

Cheers,

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Edited: 06 October 2011, 01:02
Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
4. Re: olive oils

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 22:17