We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive Time For Parade

Indiana
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Drive Time For Parade

Ok, so we are staying in Anaheim (Disneyland area). We have tickets to the parade and also purchased parking. So my question is how much drive time to get from Anaheim to the parade with traffic.

Our parking is at 169 South St. John and our seats are at 430 West Colorado.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,452 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive Time For Parade

>> So my question is how much drive time to get from Anaheim to the parade with traffic. <<

Traffic? There won't be any traffic on the freeways at that time. (But watch out for drunk drivers going home from their NYE parties.) The Rose Parade starts at 8am. You really need to be at the parking lot no later than 7am and walk to your seating area. You may be running into other cars heading into the parking areas when you get close. There may be temp road closures and temp no-turn at various places. So you may want to allow time for that.

From Anaheim to Pasadena the distance is about 35 miles. Takes about an hour, on I-5 north then 110 north.

http://g.co/maps/2xvgj

Edited: 11 December 2011, 20:15
Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Rose Parade
Rose Parade
116 Reviews
Pasadena, CA
Pasadena
Pasadena
California
Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive Time For Parade

I WOULD expect traffic...not neccessarily on the 5 North from Anaheim, but once you get on the Pasadena Freeway (110 North), you may run into heavy traffic.

You will also have to drive some distance on heavily congested surface streets. While you should print out Google Maps directions, you may not be able to rely on them on the streets of Pasadena, as there are often traffic detours, esp. in the area near the beginning of the parade route (where you are parking). There should be police and other officials at the detours to give you directions to your lot.

I'd allow an extra hour just for the Pasadena Freeway and getting to your parking area on the streets of Pasadena.

This is just a guess as I live in Pasadena and obviously have no experience with this drive.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Pasadena
Pasadena
California
3. Re: Drive Time For Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 21:19