We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to live: Palmdale or Lancaster or ?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
4 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Where to live: Palmdale or Lancaster or ?

I will be moving soon from Florida to a new job in Lancaster. Although I grew up in Calif (S.L.O.) I know very little about A.V.

Where would your rather live. Lancaster/Palmdale or someplace else and why? Thanks for any advice!!

David : -)

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,243 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to live: Palmdale or Lancaster or ?

Neither. But if you must, you must. It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. All the shopping malls and restaurants are in Palmdale, though.

I imagine you're with the Air Force? If so, ask fellow officers their opinion.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
16,582 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to live: Palmdale or Lancaster or ?

Where would I rather live? Neither. I'd even rather live in Mojave or Ridgecrest.

How far are you willing to commute? If an hour is not too long, I'd look at Santa Clarita, about 50 miles south. It has several areas, some more highly urbanized than others. The more northern and eastern portions have taken longer to become "Loa Angelized." But you are close to every urban convenience.

If 50 miles is too far, there is another town called Acton, about halfway between Lancaster and Santa Clarita. It's an old 19th century mining community, much more rural than Santa Clarita but still within reach of the urban amenities and your workplace.

3. Re: Where to live: Palmdale or Lancaster or ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2008, 17:33
Get answers to your questions about Palmdale