We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a Sunflower field

Inland Empire
6 posts
Save Topic
Is there a Sunflower field

Hello everyone. My friend told me that there is a sunflower field on the way up to Vegas and it's in Palmdale, Ca. If anyone knows what she is talking about can you tell me where this sunflower field is. I would love to see it. Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a Sunflower field

I don't know about a sunflower field, but perhaps your friend was referring to the California Poppies. The festival is in Lancaster on April 21 and 22. However, the California Poppy Reserve is further west along Hwy 138. Because of the drought, it appears this is the worst year and there are very few poppies. There are other wild flowers but they can't compete with seeing the yearly poppies in bloom. Maybe next year!

www.poppyfestival.com

www.parks.ca.gov - search for Antelope Valley California Poppy

Reserve.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Lancaster
Lancaster
California
Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a Sunflower field

I have never heard of sunflower fields, there are however amazing poppy fields in Palmdale/Lancaster. They are only in bloom for about two weeks of the year though.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
California
3. Re: Is there a Sunflower field

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 03:21
Get answers to your questions about Palmdale