We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is "The Wash" in Palm Springs?

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,315 posts
22 reviews
Where is "The Wash" in Palm Springs?

I am flying into Palm Springs tomorrow, headed for Sundance Villas which is on Cabrillo Road, just north of Racquet Club.

My plan is to take Sunrise to Vista Chino to 111.

I've been following the weather and road closures on the Desert Sun's website. Photos show "Vista Chino closed at THE WASH".

Where is THE WASH??? I am thinking it is farther east, but will plan an alternate route if need be.

I am fairly familiar with P.S. roads, but usually stay in the south end.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Where is "The Wash" in Palm Springs?

The wash sits in a north/south direction in the east side of Palm Springs. You can travel over it when traveling to Cathedral City from Palm Springs east side on Highway 111, as well as on Vista Chino. I would have thought the road you are taking about would have been opened by now.

2. Re: Where is "The Wash" in Palm Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 16:15