We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican resturant suggestions

Boston...
Level Contributor
160 posts
34 reviews
Mexican resturant suggestions

We are wondering about Mexican resturants in the area. Even a a whole in the wall kind of place??? Any ideas

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,645 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

I love Las Casuelas Terraza. It has been there forever and is a must do for me whenever I visit the desert. The chili rellenos are very good.

http://www.lascasuelas.com/

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

Las Casuelas or El Mirasol. El Mirasol is more local and less touristy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

I was not impressed with Las Causuelas and I found El Mirasol only okay. I do like Blue Coyote downtown, more Tex-Mex and more upscale. (I really miss La Palapa!)

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
19,347 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

Las Casuelas or Blue Coyote are good.

If you get down to Indio,Macarios.Its been there forever.Mariachis play at your table.Alot like Mexico.

There used to be a tiny taco shop between a gas station and grocery store near PS high school.An old lady made tortillas over a barbeque grill in back.The tacos were awesome.Like Baja!

They got the boot when they remodeled the property.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,994 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

It's not a hole in the wall, but we never miss the El Adobe Grille at the La Quinta Resort. We love the table side made Guacamole and they make a great chicken mole'.

Mariachi music most nights in the huge fire pit patio area overlooking the beautiful Santa Rosa Mountains and gorgeous grounds. Make reservations for outside seating.

www.laquintaresort.com/dining/adobe-grill.cfm

Gavle, Sweden
Level Contributor
645 posts
86 reviews
6. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

Hi jennyj74;

We had great food during our five night stay in Palm Springs - except for the dinner we had at a Mexican Restaurant called Maracas, right downtown PS.

Three of us in the party had a main courses we thought was just so and so, and one dish was not good at all (the ribs).

So - my tips is more like "wouldn't choose that one again".

/sun

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
7. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

+1 for Las Casuelas!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

Correction: I now highly recommend Las Casuelas! A few years ago we tried Las Casuelas Nueva in Rancho Mirage and did not like it. I made the mistake of assuming the other "Las Casuelas" were the same even though I know they are different owners. We were in PS last week and tried the real Las Casuelas downtown and WOW! what a difference....loved it! Loved it so much we went back a few days later....it's now my favorite Mexican place in PS.

Poway, CA
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

We went to Las Casuelas Quinta last week on a friends recommendation. Food, drinks atmosphere was exceptional. And they have a great duo playing in the bar. We'll be back.

So Cal
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
10. Re: Mexican resturant suggestions

Great little "hole in the wall" is Guacamole's on Sunrize. It's a small place in a strip center. Great down home food. There's also a bread shop in the same center.

Get answers to your questions about Palm Springs