We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a House vs. Marriott Newport Coast Villas

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Rent a House vs. Marriott Newport Coast Villas

I am trying to decide between renting a house near the beach in Newport Beach or the Marriott Villas. We are from Wisconsin and will be bring my 16 year old to visit her siblings in that area who are 22 and 25. With that age group, would one be better than the other?

Thanks for any insight!

Leslie

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,273 posts
435 reviews
1. Re: Rent a House vs. Marriott Newport Coast Villas

Definitely a house by the beach or on Balboa Island. A 16yo would be bored to tears at the Newport Coast Villas.

Here is a Top Question about finding a rental.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g659482-i12177-k63…

I'd look at Burr White and Abrams Coastal Properties first.

One reason I like Balboa Island a lot is you can let the 16yo roam on her own and not be concerned.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
999 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Rent a House vs. Marriott Newport Coast Villas

Rent a house, no question. Find something either on the boardwalk, on the sand, or within walking distance. We have always had great luck with Burr White.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Rent a House vs. Marriott Newport Coast Villas

Agree. Rent a house and be walking distance to the beach, activities, food options.

Newport Coast is very nice but you have to get in the car every time you want to go to the beach (parking hassles), do something, and to eat other than where you stay.

guadalajara
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Rent a House vs. Marriott Newport Coast Villas

I would say marriot villas.

16 years old i would want a place that has security cameras to keep my 16 year old from getting into trouble.

This is just my personal opinion, unless there was an older sibling to watch over them.

5. Re: Rent a House vs. Marriott Newport Coast Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2016, 15:18