We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Whale Viewing Tours to Avoid or Use.

Wragby, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Which Whale Viewing Tours to Avoid or Use.

Hello,

We would like to go on a whale watching tour from Newport Beach but I have heard some reviews say that its not good for the whales I've heard that some boat captains work together to surround any whales they find, this does not sound good to me at all. I've also heard that some are more of a booze cruise than a educational tour.

I am wondering if any tours are definitely ones to avoid and if there are any that truly look after the environment and wildlife.

I appreciate your help, thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Newport Beach
Newport Beach
1,195 Reviews
Newport Beach, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,087 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Whale Viewing Tours to Avoid or Use.

Flip a coin between Davey's Locker and Newport Landing.

They are practically next to each other and both do a fine job.

Mentioned in this post
Davey's Locker
Davey's Locker
659 Reviews
Newport Beach, CA
Newport Landing
Newport Landing
286 Reviews
Newport Beach, CA
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Whale Viewing Tours to Avoid or Use.

Booze cruises to me offer a set price with unlimited alcohol. I have never heard of a whale watching trip offering unlimited alcohol, it you see one, stay away!

3. Re: Which Whale Viewing Tours to Avoid or Use.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2016, 15:17