We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Disneyland

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
95 posts
63 reviews
Transport to Disneyland

We are staying in August at the Hyatt Regency and plan on spending a couple of days at disneyland. Can anyone advise on the approximate cost of a taxi there, as well as an approximation of the journey time? Thanks.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Transport to Disneyland

According to taxi fare finder it looks to be about $65 - $70 one way.

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/

I would go to the Anaheim forum. The experts there can help you if they don't see this. I know there's a shuttle but don't know ifit's any cheaper since it's probably per person. Or how many in your group.

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
2. Re: Transport to Disneyland

I'd say for the days you are planning on going to Disneyland stay in Anaheim. If you can't look at Uber or Lyft. How many people and what ages? What are your others plans? So Cal is no place to be without a car.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,579 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Transport to Disneyland

Which Hyatt Regency?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,763 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Transport to Disneyland

In your other post, you stated you were staying at the Hyatt Regency Orange County which is near to Disneyland. But you have posted in the Newport Beach forum, so where exactly are you staying?

Im not familiar with any convenient transport from Newport Beach to Disneyland. The most Convenient option would be to rent a Car if you really want to travel back and forth. I would suggest staying close to Disneyland for those days, especially if you wont have a Car. Its about a 35 min drive or so in good traffic, and a Taxi is going to charge if they get caught in any traffic.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Transport to Disneyland

htt - In this thread she says NPB

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32780-i445-k81851…

And in her other thread she was looking for a tour from NPB to Los Angeles.

Lizzie in one of your other threads you mentioned that you will be getting a car at some point in trip. I suggest that you go to Disneyland when you have the car. It would be even better to stay at a hotel walking or shuttle or taxi close to Disneyland. Especially for a 2 day visit. But, failing that, driving is best. It's not that far.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,763 posts
94 reviews
6. Re: Transport to Disneyland

Sorry about that, there is another thread in the Anaheim forum talking about the Hyatt Regency and thier name also starts with an L so got those confused.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Transport to Disneyland

:) htt - I kinda thought so.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
95 posts
63 reviews
8. Re: Transport to Disneyland

Thanks for your advice! Yes, hotel is definitely the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach. We are still thinking of a car, but to be honest, we are a little nervous having never driven in the states before. That being said, it can't be any worse then driving in London, lol! Are the roads quite easy? I'm guessing we can get GPS on a hire car too.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,763 posts
94 reviews
9. Re: Transport to Disneyland

You have positioned yourself where you will need a car. So I would just accept that as a part of your trip for where you want to stay, or change your accomodations, up to you. Its not horrible to drive from Newport Beach to Disneyland, if you avoid the busy traffic times on weekdays. So thats going to put you leaving around 6am usually or so, but that depends on what hours may be for Disneyland. What were your dates?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,539 posts
262 reviews
10. Re: Transport to Disneyland

I'm with happy's post #9; you've got a nice place to stay, but the car will really enhance your visit. Yes, get a GPS, too.