We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handicap Parking in Newport Beach

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Handicap Parking in Newport Beach

Our flight lands at LAX at 7:25am on Wed July 8. I am considering going to Newport Beach for a harbor cruise, then lunch at Ruby's Diner before we go to Anaheim.

My husband has mobility issues. He can walk, just not far. We'll be renting a motorized scooter for Disney, but we won't have it yet.

Fun Zone Boat Company website lists parking at the municipal lot across Balboa Boulevard, the parking structure for Newport Landing, or the parking meters on streets adjacent to the Fun Zone.

Which of these locations would have the best handicap access? Where should we park for Ruby's? How far is the walk to the end of the pier? I would like to drop him off as close as possible to the entrances then I could park anywhere, but sometimes traffic makes that difficult. What kind of crowds should I expect late morning or early afternoon?

Also, can you recommend a good breakfast place near LAX?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Newport Beach
Newport Beach
1,194 Reviews
Newport Beach, CA
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Fun Zone Boat Company
Fun Zone Boat Company
55 Reviews
Balboa Island, CA
Balboa Island
Balboa Island
Newport Beach, CA
Newport Landing
Newport Landing
286 Reviews
Newport Beach, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,046 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Handicap Parking in Newport Beach

You can park next to the Balboa Pier for handicap parking. That is the "A Lot" on Main Street.

https://www.newportbeachca.gov/index.aspx…

The link shows all the Newport city lots.

Edited: 09 May 2015, 01:35
Mentioned in this post
Balboa Pier
Balboa Pier
275 Reviews
Newport Beach, CA
Newport
Newport
Oregon Coast, OR
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
16,055 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Handicap Parking in Newport Beach

Do you have a blue disability parking placard issued by your DMV or local agency? If so, bring it with you to use for blue parking zones in CA.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Handicap Parking in Newport Beach

The official length of the pier is 920 feet. seecalifornia.com/piers/california-pier-stat… I have never dealt with handicapped parking but parking in general may be difficult in late morning or early afternoon in July.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,595 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Handicap Parking in Newport Beach

You need to bring not just your handicap auto placard but the official ID that is provided with it (usually kept in your glove box). That must be in your rental car at all times. Don't assume nobody will ever check it. Especially in the summer, there is a lot of abuse of handicap placards and the IDs do get checked.

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Handicap Parking in Newport Beach

Here is the A St lot.

https://goo.gl/maps/2HU8L

There is a direct ramp to the pier very close.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Handicap Parking in Newport Beach

A good place for breakfast near the car rentals at LAX is the popular Pann's Restaurant on La Tijera Blvd. LA. They open at 7:00am and have been popular since 1958.

www.panns.com/

Mentioned in this post
Pann's
Pann's
181 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
520 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
7. Re: Handicap Parking in Newport Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2016, 14:16