We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monterey

kildare
Level Contributor
34 posts
175 reviews
Monterey

Also looking for recommendations for breakfast and dinner while staying In Monterey

4 replies to this topic
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,049 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Monterey

My favorite breakfast spots in Monterey are Rosines, LouLous, and First Awakenings. First Awakenings is technically in Pacific Grove, but it is adjacent to Monterey. If you happen to find yourselves in Carmel, I like Katys and Carmel Belle. For lighter fare Carmel Coffee House and Cafe Carmel are good

For dinner - what kind of cuisine and budget are you looking for?

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Monterey

I see from your other thread that you're staying at Casa Munras. The restaurant onsite, Esteban, is actually very good.

Salinas, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Monterey

Our favorites for dinner are Fish Hopper on Cannery Row, the Fish Wife in the Asilomar (Pacific Grove), Il Vecchio's (Italian) in Pacific Grove.

Level Contributor
39,083 posts
1,014 reviews
4. Re: Monterey

There are lots of very good places for dinner in Monterey! One of our favorites is The Sardine Factory. You can choose which room you would like to dine in. When it is just the two of us, we enjoy a quiet meal by the fire in The Captain's Room. When we have a larger group, The Conservatory Room is very nice with glass ceilings and lots of greenery. They offer early bird specials here.

We also really like Schooner's Coastal Kitchen @ The Monterey Plaza Hotel. This is a very good restaurant if you want a water view. The C @ The Clement is also very good. :)

Reply to: Monterey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted