We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
29 reviews
26 helpful votes
Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

Dear advisors

We are coming to Los Angeles for 8 days in October, with two kids 15 and 11 ¾.

Going to buy 5 day Go Los Angeles Card for all of us as we want to do lots of parks. (Knotts, Universal Studios, Stars homes, M Tussauds, film studios etc)

Also would love to do Paramount and Sony film studio tours.

They both let in kids age 12 and over and I was wondering, if we could get our niece in by buying the adult Go LA card?

She will be 12 just 4 months after the trip and is so keen to see Glee set.

Can you please advise how do they check the ages?

Paramount says, that visitors over 18 must have picture ID, but how do they know kids ages?

Do we have chance to sneak her in?

Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Edited: 11 years ago
Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
29 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

Just want to add, my niece is very mature and well-mannered child, she would not disturb anybody..

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
33,619 posts
56 reviews
223 helpful votes
2. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

It's not expected that children would carry ids. If she looks 'around 12', they should let her in. I wouldn't buy an adult GO card for her unless 12 year olds are considered adults by GO

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
34,471 posts
89 reviews
80 helpful votes
3. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

What you may want to consider is that when you try to visit some of these places, its possible they may ask the children with you how old they are. Ive seen them do that at Disneyland if they have a question how old someone is.

I would consider just going to the Warner Bros studio tour which allows 8 and over, then there would be no issues. Ive heard from people it seems to be a better tour than the others you have mentioned.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
29 reviews
26 helpful votes
4. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

Thank you for reply, guys. We are going to Warner Bros too, but girls really want to visit Paramount..

The children Go LA card is for ages 3-12 years.

My niece is 12 in January, and she looks probably more like 13years old, so if they go just by how kids look, then they should let her in I hope.

Just worried that kids Go La pass might give it somehow away..

Wondering if others managed to take their 11 year old kids there..

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
23 reviews
98 helpful votes
5. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

I just love it when people come on a travel forum and ask how to "smuggle" their kids into something they're not eligible for. Does the rule make an exemption for "mature and well behaved?" Didn't think so.

I am so over people thinking their kids are special and that rules don't apply to them.

I'm sure you'll very likely be able to smuggle your kid into this thing. But what are you teaching this child? That they're so special that rules don't apply? That "getting over" is a good thing?

OK, everyone reading can hit the "inappropriate" button. But what is truly wrong is someone asking how to break the rules.

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
33,619 posts
56 reviews
223 helpful votes
6. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

If asked, I would have you or your daughter say proudly: "I'll be turning 12 very soon!". It's likely she'll be admitted and if not, she (and you) will learn a valuable lesson about life: "It's not always fair.".

Have a great visit! (and stop worrying)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
34,471 posts
89 reviews
80 helpful votes
7. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

RamblinSal,

Well, i would "like" your post if it was available here to do so :)

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
34,689 posts
4 reviews
26 helpful votes
8. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

Me, too.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
29 reviews
26 helpful votes
9. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

We have been very very lucky and won amazing competition for family holiday to LA.

So while I understand you point RamblinSal, the fact is, this once in the lifetime opportunity for us to take our children to USA.

Therefore we are so desperate to see and show them as much as possible.

Trust me, if we could come again next year, we would not think about trying to "bend the rules" .

We know, we will never save up enough money to come again from UK to US with daughter and our niece.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
29 reviews
26 helpful votes
10. Re: Film studios - child nearly 12 years old, will they let her

One more comment to explain why I mentioned that my niece is well mannered and mature.

I presume that the 12years of age rule in Studios is there, so visitors don't have their tour interrupted or spoiled by crying and screaming 5 year old children.

That is why I mentioned that my niece is well mannered.

Not because I'm some arogant cow, who thinks her children are some special superhumans etc.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.