We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In & Out Burger at LAX

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
In & Out Burger at LAX

I've heard many great things about In & Out Burger and so i'd like to try it out whilst i'll be in LAX for 1 night. I'm staying at the Westin LAX so can someone advise what the best way is to get there? How far is it from this hotel (can i walk there?) or will i need to get a taxi?

Also, if that doesn't work out somehow, are there any other dining options close to this hotel? All i know is that there is a Denny's across the road and that's one place i'd like to avoid. Thanks!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

Its about a 1 mile walk from the hotel. Airport Blvd. north to 98th street, 98th west to Sepulveda Blvd, then walk north along Sepulveda to In-N-Out.

Trying In-N-Out is worth the walk, IMHO. There's not all that much in the area of the hotel - some other fast food places, some really mediocre restaurants and some restaurants / bars in the other hotels in the area.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

We just flew back into LAX this afternoon, on the north most runway, and could practically reach out and touch the In & Out restaurant.

Yes, it's worth the walk, but be sure and order off the "secret menu". Animal Style is my favorite burger. I found a web site with photos so you can see what you are ordering in advance.

www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

Stayed at the Westin LAX last time I was there myself... anyways, its walkable, but car is preferable. The In N Out was great, we were in a rather long line up for the drive thru, and we had some of the best customer service ever from a girl who was walking to each car in line taking pre orders. Try not to miss it if you're only there one night. :)

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

Yes, the service is great at In N Out, but a very average burger!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

I have to agree with Umaga. I was born and raised in So Cal. I've been eating InNout my whole life, but I wouldn't walk a mile in a strange city to get one. They are delicious but it's an acquired taste. The more I travel the more I realize that they are average. My favorite is Bubbas on Kauai, and recently went to Denver and had one a great one at Cherry Cricket. Anyone who's been told InNout is the best is going to be dissapointed. It is the best "fastfood" burger in southern california though.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13,599 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

Double Double, Animal Style with grilled onions

Enough said! So worth it! Dont do the drive thru, burgers are made to order, so it will be a long wait, might aswell enjoy it inside, relaxing in the restaurant and endulge in there milkshakes(order a napolean, also not on the "official" menu)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

I can't wait to try these burgers!

I just google mapped the walk from the hotel to In & Out and it says 'some paths may be missing'. Does anyone know if the streets to the restaurant is walkable and pedestrian friendly?

Level Contributor
33,954 posts
885 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

In Out is great! We love the animal fries, lots of cheese, yum! Let us know what you think! :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

It is definitely walkable, but I wouldn't characterize it as "pedestrian friendly". It's not dangerous or anything, just extremely busy with cars and traffic and exhaust. I can't quite picture the whole route in my memory, but there may be places where the sidewalk just peters out for a bit. I guess if my goal was an In-N-Out double double animal style, it would be worth the noisy walk!

10. Re: In & Out Burger at LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 16:17