We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

My 22 year old son and I are looking for a casual easy first night. anybody have any good ideas about pizza or cheap eats with good selection of beers near lodge at torrey pines.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,744 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

Your hotel is on a scenic road with nothing right nearby except bio tech companies , other hotels ,and the University of Ca. at San Diego.

You either have to go into the area of La Jolla where we were discussing Karl Strauss or travel around Torrey Pines Road to the area of La Jolla Village drive and Villa La Jolla Drive where there are chain restaurants/brew pubs like Rock Bottom or BJs Chicago Pizza.

Here is a map:

https://goo.gl/maps/CuFIj

Edited: 21 May 2015, 00:37
Newburyport...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

Yes thx again for putting up with my questions. I think I've narrowed it down to spending some time near the shore. So maybe give up a little on the food, get decent beer and see your beautiful coastline. I think it will be either Karls or Sami's. It will put us in a beautiful spot and we can do some looking for places to eat on future nights. If you have any other inputs, you can throw them my way.

Thx!

Tom

Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

Nice, scenic drive up the coast to Pizza Port in Solana Beach, only about 7 miles. Good local beer and pizza!

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

ok. Thx!!

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,273 posts
435 reviews
5. Re: best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

Pizza Port is a good idea. It is far better than its bland name.

www.pizzaport.com/solanabeachtapcam.jpg

BJ's in La Jolla doesn't brew onsite since it is one of the older locations, but they do pour the BJ's beers and

http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/bj-beers

bjsrestaurants.com/sites/…20Jolla-403.pdf

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
6. Re: best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

another vote for pizza port in solana beach. you could watch the sunet at torry pines state park and then go have pizza or vise versa.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
247 reviews
7. Re: best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

I see that Pizza Port in Solana Beach already has been mentioned by a number of people. It gets my vote as well!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
8. Re: best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

I vote for Sammys

9. Re: best pizza/cheap eats near lodge at torrey pines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2016, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about La Jolla
Recent Conversations