We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals, La Jolla

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Car rentals, La Jolla

where is a good place to rent a car in La Jolla?

Colchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
21 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car rentals, La Jolla

If at all possible, $200-250ish per night. I'd rather spend my money on food, wine and fun but want a clean safe place to stay.

thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,261 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car rentals, La Jolla

Some of the hotels that are actually IN La Jolla have no availability for the dates I tried in June. IF you stay there you absolutely need a car to get around in our city so perhaps start checking car rental prices.

The Best Western by the Sea which is a few blocks from La Jolla Cove, has some availability in your price range but I don't know your exact dates so cannot tell you absolutely.

You'd be able to walk to restaurants(good ones) and to La Jolla Cove. You'd be able to walk(if you are"walkers") to La Jolla Shores (wide white sandy beach) or take a bus there. You'd be able to take a bus to Torrey Pines but it would be a pain to get to the activities that are closer to downtown like Balboa Park and the downtown waterfront.

IF you decide to rent a car you'd have more possibilities for hotels at even lower price points.

Colchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
21 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car rentals, La Jolla

So much to think about! Is the old San Diego area something we should consider too? Or is that just crazy talk, to add to the mix at this late date...

I really appreciate your help.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,261 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car rentals, La Jolla

You really should start a whole new thread as your questions now have nothing to do with car rentals in La Jolla.

First you need to decide if you'll have a car or not.

Then you can make intelligent decisions about where to stay and what to do.

IF you have a car there are lots of places in the city to stay which will be perfectly fine.

Without a car most folks stay in downtown or Little Italy or Old Town because public transit is easier to access from those spots BUT getting to La Jolla will still either require bus rides from those areas. You need a car to be able to easily get around here.

That's the way most locals get around.

To start a new thread just click on Ask A Question on the top of the page.

We cannot really continue intelligently here as your questions now are very different than the topic.

Colchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
21 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Car rentals, La Jolla

You have been great! Thanks so much for all your help.

16. Re: Car rentals, La Jolla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2016, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about La Jolla
Recent Conversations