We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

Hi, we're planning a trip to San Diego with our two children (preschool/toddler age). I found an adorable house near La Jolla beach for rent. I saw another post on the same topic (Yellow House or Corey House post) but there's no feedback on how the experience actually went.

I'd love to get feedback from people who have actually stayed at the Yellow House, what they thought of the house, the area that it's located in, and actual walk time to the nearest beach, what the beach was like. Looking to hear all the good and the bad ...

Thank you so much for your help!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

Hi reddoor - Please post links to these 2 houses.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,778 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

Here's a link that shows the houses.

I don't know if any of the folks who have rented there will see this post?

http://www.yellowcottage.com/

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,778 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

I haven't stayed at the house but you can see the neighborhood on the web site by clicking on the Google street view map surfer sort of beach . Not really large white sand for a family. It is just below The Children's Pool . Not sure what the beach is like nearby.

Edited: 16 March 2015, 08:09
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,778 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

WindanSea Beach is nearby going south but that is more of a local surfer spot than a beach to lay out. You can see it here:

www.lajollabythesea.com/windansea-beach

Edited: 16 March 2015, 08:16
Seattle, Washington
3 posts
5. Re: Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

Hi, sorry I forgot to include the links! Here they are:

Yellow house

http://www.vrbo.com/3848341ha

Corey house

http://www.vrbo.com/3848340ha

Thanks so much for all your help!

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
3,219 posts
247 reviews
6. Re: Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

I can't really tell you much about the cottages themselves, but the area is very nice. The only drawback may be the noise from La Jolla Blvd, which is a busy thoroughfare.

There is a very nice beach just north of WindanSea with some access from Sea Lane and Marine Street. For an adult, it would be no more than a 5 minute walk. Not sure if there is a lifeguard. This beach is a very local beach, so you won't find too many tourists. There are no amenities like restrooms or showers. There are concrete stairs involved.

If you have a car, you could go to La Jolla Shores 2.6 miles north of the cottages or go south to Pacific beach near the pier. La Jolla Shores is a family beach with a small playground and restrooms.

Edited: 17 March 2015, 10:23
colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
86 reviews
7. Re: Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

Hi I we stayed here a few months ago- Corey House with 2 small children, 3 and 5. Location was great, house is very near a busy street ( on corner) beach is walking distance but not a safe swimming beach for kids. House has wagon and beach equipment for the kids. Great for them just to play in he sand.

We loved it , it worked well for us. Stairs to the 2 double beds in the loft are a potential hazard for kids depending on age of your kids. Centrally located you can easily get to the safer swimming beaches.

8. Re: Yellow House or Corey House near La Jolla Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2016, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about La Jolla
Recent Conversations