We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visitng La Jolla

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Visitng La Jolla

Hello i will be visiting San Diego in two weeks, i would like to visit La Jolla i have heard it is a really beautiful place, could you please recommend me which places i shouldnt miss? ,like main attractions, shopping, restaurants,etc.

thanks!!

Level Contributor
36,311 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visitng La Jolla

The Cove beach there is not to miss, you can walk along the ocean or enjoy the large grassy area there. Prospect Street has cool shops and restaurants. We loved our meal at The Crab Catcher and George's @ The Cove. :).

Edited: 30 January 2015, 02:19
San Diego...
Level Contributor
627 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visitng La Jolla

The Cove Beach is beautiful and is part of Scripps Park which is a beautiful park on a bluff just above the ocean. You can walk south from there to the Children's Pool area to see the seals on the beach and walk out along the sea wall. Continue walking south you will pass Whale View Point and the Museum of Contemporary Art.

All of this is walkable (assuming you don'd mind some hills), including Prospect Street which is a couple blocks up from the coast.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,605 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visitng La Jolla

The Cove, Children's Pool and the tide pools are some of the nicer, natural attractions.

Girard Ave is one of the top shopping streets as is Prospect Ave.

Many great places to eat, some have views, some don't, it just depends on the experience you are looking for and type of food.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visitng La Jolla

Windansea Beach, Soledad Mountain Park and Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visitng La Jolla

Pirok - Will you have a car to get around?

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visitng La Jolla

Pirok974, since you will not have a car, it will be much harder for you to see all the places the previous posters have mentioned. As I already answered in your PM, from where you are staying you will have to take public transportation.

http://www.sdmts.com/Planning/googleTP.asp

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visitng La Jolla

Using public transit, you can visit the Birch Aquarium, and check out the UCSD campus, they are next to each other.

http://aquarium.ucsd.edu/

Level Contributor
36,311 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visitng La Jolla

How was your time in La Jolla? We arrived last night and tho the weather is a bit cooler than we hoped for, we are really enjoying our time in this beautiful town. Last night we enjoyed an excellent meal at George's California Modern. Our table had an oceanview and the food was of the highest quality. Our sever was very attentive and recommended several Mexican restaurants to us when we go to Chula Vista later today. :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visitng La Jolla

syrahgirl, I recall on one of your other responses that you are looking to go to Tacos el Gordo, just be aware that it is a hole-in-the-wall place. More taco-shop than restaurant. You order at a counter & they have a few tables inside, otherwise you eat it to-go. I would not necessarily make a trip out of your way to Chula Vista to eat at Tacos el Gordo (they're delicious, but it is not a very touristy location so unless you have another reason to be down there, we can recommend other top notch taco shops for you to try).

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,135 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visitng La Jolla

syrahgirl, The chef at this restaurant has been written up in the NY Times Restaurant section for his place in Tijuana. This one is in Bonita(right next to Chula Vista) and he's supposed to have one opening in Little Italy in San Diego. I don't know if it is open yet.

www.opentable.com/romesco?rid=98578&ref=1068