We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need family hotel suggestions: nice pools but not Spongebob!

Which Indian Wells hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SF
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Topic
Need family hotel suggestions: nice pools but not Spongebob!

A quick February jaunt for some sun and swimming. Kids age 8 - 13 love swimming pools and we want to feel comfortable having our kids with us, but do not want a Disney-esque experience filled with screaming toddlers (been there joyfully, but have moved on). I love the look and feel of La Quinta from photos, but is it family friendly? The Esmeralda is well priced, but the Sponge Bob references scare me. Does it have any charm? The Hyatt? Marriott? I'd like a place where the kids can feel comfortable roaming the property a bit, though obviously with us at the pools. The specific town doesn't matter to me, though if we venture off site for a meal we prefer "old town" type locales over strip malls. Thank you so much. Apologies for the long request.

1 reply
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
18,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need family hotel suggestions: nice pools but not Spongebob!

The Hyatt Grand Champions is our favorite resort in Indian Wells. We like that they have 7 swimming pools, including a wonderful adult pool. There is a toddler pool, a water slide and other pools to choose from for the family. The concierge level is very nice with breakfast, snacks and evening cocktails.

This April we will be at the La Quinta Resort for a week with the family, as the grounds are beautiful in the spring, but there will be many children there as it's very family friendly, we have a 7 year old who loves to ride her scooter on the sidewalks with the others.

La Quinta has an old town with restaurants to choose from and some shops.

Reply to: Need family hotel suggestions: nice pools but not Spongebob!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Indian Wells