We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to st helena help please

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 post
Save Topic
first time to st helena help please

I am planning a trip to St Helena Nov 10-13th. Do you think a day trip to Healdsburg is a good idea or too far away? This is my first time to wine country.....any suggestions would be appriciated....except lodging as that is already established. Thank you!

Mill Valley/Marin...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to st helena help please

I think if you are staying in St. Helena for four days, a one day trip to Healdsburg sounds great.

You can do one day in the Napa Valley, one day in the town of Sonoma (and Valley) and one day in Healdsburg and the Dry Creek wine region (go to Ferrari Carrano winery if you can).

Level Contributor
35,482 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to st helena help please

That's a nice amount of time, a day trip to Healdsburg would be very nice. You could wine taste and then have a meal around the Plaza. Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar, Dry Creek Kitchen and Cyrus are all very good.

In St. Helena, don't miss Martini House. The food is excellent there. We also really like Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, Terra and Tra Vigne in St. Helena. Freemark Abbey is one of our favortie wineries in St. Helena.

I hope you have a great time ! :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
53 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to st helena help please

Not only can you do a day trip, you should absolutely do a day trip! Healdsburg is lovely, especially at the time of year you are going. I like St. Helena a lot, but I actually prefer Healdsburg and know a lot of people who would say the same. Of the two, it's just a little more laid back.

Although the above poster is spot on with restaurants.

Edited: 01 October 2010, 15:27
Healdsburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to st helena help please

Healdsburg is definitely worth a visit...they have great shopping, restaurants and tasting rooms all within walking distance to the plaza. You may want to consider even staying the night.....you won't be sorry!

Napa
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to st helena help please

I would definitely do a day trip to Healdsburg.

BTW- Martini House is closing their doors at the end of October :(

6. Re: first time to st helena help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 14:17