We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Armenian restaurant recommendation

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
580 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Armenian restaurant recommendation

Hello forum!

I am looking for an authentic Armenian restaurant with dishes like mante, fishna kebab, and sou bereg. I see a few restaurants listed on TripAdvisor and elsewhere online, but they all seem to be Armenian-Greek or Armenian-Persian or other combination, and they don't appear to have all the traditional Armenian dishes.

Anyone have any restaurant recommendations, in Glendale or nearby?

Thanks in advance for any help.

6 replies to this topic
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,718 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Armenian restaurant recommendation

We need to know what type of Armenian food you're looking for., E.g. Lebonese – Armenian. Levines – Armenian food is very popular in the metro area and includes dishes like shish kebab, tabouleh, fattoush, kebah, naye .

So for dishes like the above, consider restaurants like carousel for Hollywood maroonis so for dishes like the above, consider restaurants like carousel in Hollywood or Glendale for Hollywood maroush eden Garden in the "old Pasadena" -- The old part of Pasadena.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
580 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Armenian restaurant recommendation

HopSkipJump,

Thanks for the speedy response. I love Lebanese food, but that's simple enough to find, so I'm looking for a restaurant with something different. Maybe what I'm looking for is more Armenian-Syrian, though it sounds like you know better than I do. Dishes like dried eggplant dolma, basturma, mante, fishwa kebab with cherries, sou bereg, etc... Does that help?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Armenian restaurant recommendation

did you try Yelp? type in armenian restaurants in Glendale.

Im not familiar with Armenian food but on yelp will have a list of almost all the restaurants. Theyll have reviews and most of the time full menus to see what they serve.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
580 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Armenian restaurant recommendation

Jose, thanks for the idea. Yes, I've looked in yelp and elsewhere on line. I see a good amount of Armenian restaurants in Glendale, but just not ones that make these kind of dishes that I'm looking for.

But I did get a good idea via PM to call the restaurants. Maybe they can make things off-menu. Otherwise, I can expand my search outside Glendale.

The search continues!

Upland, California
Level Contributor
127 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Armenian restaurant recommendation

@Avalon2020- Hope you found your answer, if not Raffi's Place in Glendale is by far the best!

It's a gorgeous atmosphere and the food is amazing. They offer about 15 different rice variations, it's just amazing.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
580 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Armenian restaurant recommendation

Urban Tourista, Thank you for the recommendation!

Reply to: Armenian restaurant recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glendale