We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Glendale a good choice

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Is Glendale a good choice

I'm coming to Los Angeles in a few days to attend a couple of Kings' games. I found a Econo Lodge in Glendale that fits my budget. Would I be better off staying there or looking in West Hollywood or near LAX, or does it matter?

8 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,614 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Is Glendale a good choice

Will you have a car to drive to Staples?

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,255 posts
432 reviews
2. Re: Is Glendale a good choice

If you have a car, I'd choose Glendale over LAX, at least Glendale has some places to eat.

I wouldn't make a judgment Glendale vs WeHo without knowing the specific hotel.

Without a car I'd stay in Hollywood.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,035 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: Is Glendale a good choice

Basically agree with what's been posted above... without a car, Hollywood or downtown LA is your best bet but if your hotel budget is low you'll probably do better in Hollywood, and can take the subway to downtown where Staples is from there.

LAX is a dull area, far from most things, so generally not suggested except as a place to lay your head after a long flight for one night, or the night before an early morning flight.

Glendale with a car would be ok but also tends not to be especially central, but its not all that far from downtown and if your main purpose is the Kings, it can work.

M D
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
4. Re: Is Glendale a good choice

Even if you do have a car for during the day, you'll be better off taking public transportation to staples for the games. Traffic will be bad and parking will be $20 or so. I would try to find something downtown or culver city. Just how tight is your budget?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Is Glendale a good choice

Yes, I'll have a car.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Is Glendale a good choice

I'm trying to stay below $100 per night. It also has to be a smoking room.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
7. Re: Is Glendale a good choice

If you have a car, Glendale would be just fine. Traffic is horrific ALWAYS!! But if you could deal with that, you will be just fine. There is so much to do everywhere in LA! Have fun!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,614 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Is Glendale a good choice

Yes. In that case Glendale would be fine.

Reply to: Is Glendale a good choice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glendale