We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging and food in Glendale/Pasadena area?

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Lodging and food in Glendale/Pasadena area?

Coming for son's college graduation. He resides in Glendale. We need a nice hotel and a good restaurant for celebrating after the ceremony. We've been to Glendale/Pasadena area many times but have always found the lodging disappointing. This will be all adults, and we love healthy food and nice people. We'd like to make this memorable for the grad. Any ideas will be appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,812 posts
6,431 reviews
1. Re: Lodging and food in Glendale/Pasadena area?

We like the Marriott Courtyard in Pasadena as its very easy walking distance to all the great restaurants in Old Town Pasadena.....

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32859-d224183-…

http://www.oldpasadena.org/

Where have you stayed before in the area as it might help to steer you better.

for instance, the nicest hotel in Pasadena is the Langham

pasadena.langhamhotels.com/…

Nice restaurants on site, beautiful hotel and gardens - but to get to other areas you will need to do a short drive in the car.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Lodging and food in Glendale/Pasadena area?

Your best bets in the Pasadena/Glendale area for upscale hotels are the Westin Pasadena and the Langham Pasadena. The Langham is farther from Glendale, located in a luxe residential neighborhood, and is an early 20th century "grand hotel" with lovely grounds and public rooms. The Westin is well located near many shops and restaurants.

The Langham has a high-end restaurant. I haven't eaten there but I've heard good things from the one friend who mentioned it.

Some popular choices among upscale restaurants in Pasadena include:

Parkway Grill (long been a favorite, but not of mine...very nice room)

Bistro 45 (French, nice, not too stuffy, quiet)

Crossings (Brand-new, South Pasadena, main dining room is up a fairly steep flight of stairs if that is an issue. We ate there recently and thought it was better than other upscale Pasadena-area restaurants we are familiar with)

Edited: 19 March 2014, 07:13
Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: Lodging and food in Glendale/Pasadena area?

I don't know Glendale restaurants. Embassy Suites might be the nicest Glendale hotel. In Pasadena, the Courtyard mentioned is well located, but like other Courtyards, nice but not deluxe.

Reply to: Lodging and food in Glendale/Pasadena area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glendale