We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

I would like to visit Forest Lawn in late August but I do not want to hire a Car. Can you kindly advise me of the best Hotel Within Walking distance of the Cemetery and Shopping Malls.

Susie

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,779 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

I'm not sure how far you're willing to walk and I'm not sure what you mean by 'best hotel'. In general, most of the hotels that are within a reasonable distance to the cemetery are modest motels (1 or 2 star properties). The closest such property is the Los Feliz Hotel at 3101 Los Feliz Bl. It's 1.11 miles (1.75 km) which would be a walk of about 25 minutes. Be aware that the cemetery is quite large and very hilly, with STEEP hills. It would be an arduous task to visit it on foot -- even if the hotel was across the street, let alone 25 minutes away. You could take a bus to the cemetery from the Los Feliz Hotel but the bus would take you only half way. In addition, this hotel isn't really near shopping.

A better choice would be the Glen Capri Inn at 326 Colorado St. This property is 1.4 miles from the cemetery (30 minute walk) but you could, instead, walk about .16 mile (.25 km) to the corner of Colorado and Brand Bl and catch the Metro Bus #92 and take it for 7 minutes to the corner of Brand Bl & San Fernando Road. It's 1/4th of a mile (.4 km) from there to the entrance to the cemetery. Another good feature of this hotel and the bus route is that the corner of Colorado St & Brand Bl is at the corner of the large Americana at Brand Shopping Mall which is adjacent to the massive Glendale Galleria Mall to its north and west.

Here are reviews for the hotel (link and scroll down for reviews in the center column):

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32431-d625339-…

If you're looking for something a little nicer, there are only 2 3-star properties in Glendale, the Embassy Suites and the Hilton -- both are a little bit further away from the cemetery and shopping.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

Thank you so much for your kind advice. I will check out the Hotel details. I am not too fussy but would have preferred a 3 star but the one you recommended sounds fine. It sounds like I might have to hire a car after all. Thank you your advice has been invaluable.

Edited: 16 May 2011, 23:04
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

You could stay at the Brandwood Hotel on Brand Boulevard, or any number of hotels near Colorado and Brand....and just take the 92 bus 12 minutes down Brand which brings you to within short walking distance of Forest lawn.

Might still be best to rent a car since LAX airport is quite a distance from Glendale and would be expensive by taxi or very slow by public transportation.

Avoid the Glen Capri hotel as they have a "weekly population" that is loud all night long. You can do much better for little more $$.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

Thank you so much for your kind advice. It might be better for me to hire a car and stay at a better Hotel and drive down to Forest Lawn. I would prefer one near the beaches. Any suggestions?

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

By the sound of it I may have to look for a package trip that will include a visit to forest Lawn as part of the package. It would provide me the option to stay in a nice hotel and then take a day trip down.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

Hi, I'm staying in Glendale shortly and staying at the Hilton and was hoping to go to Forest Lawn. Because I'm not from America I don't think I hire a car (we drive on the other side of the road), but it sounds like the #92 bus might be the best option.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

Thank you so much for yopur kind advice .how long does the #92 bus take.? I am from England American Freeways scare the living daylights out of me and we drive on the same side of the road as you do.

Thank you for replying.

The Hilton you speak of is it the Glendale one?

Edited: 31 May 2011, 20:22
8. Re: Forest Lawn Glendale -Hotel Proximity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2017, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Glendale