We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anniversary staycation

san diego
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
anniversary staycation

Which hotel- Hilton Garden Inn, West Inn and Suites, Sheraton or Cape Rey Carlsbad? We want to be pampered a bit but not spend an arm and a leg.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
West Inn & Suites...
1,180 Reviews
Carlsbad, CA
Carlsbad
Carlsbad
California
San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anniversary staycation

West Inn, great location, wonderful on site dining at both West Bistro and the upscale West Steakhouse (think anniversary dinner splurge).

Mentioned in this post
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
West Inn & Suites...
1,180 Reviews
Carlsbad, CA
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
376 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anniversary staycation

Like above, west Bistro is a great dinner space. I'd stay at the Sheraton tho. Much nicer.

Mentioned in this post
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
Sheraton San Diego Hotel...
4,015 Reviews
San Diego, CA
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,643 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anniversary staycation

I didn' t realize that the Hilton Carlsbad is now Cape Rey. Good to know.

I'd pick which ever of the hotels gives you the best room and/or extra perks for your money.

Hilton Garden Inn will probably be least expensive but that is not always the best criteria.

We do lots of local staycations but haven't been to the hotels you've mentioned so I have no personal experience with them. Don't forget to add in charges for pkg. and resort fees!

Mentioned in this post
Carlsbad
Carlsbad
California
4. Re: anniversary staycation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2016, 15:16