We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th Bday

Vallejo, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
30th Bday

Hi there,

7/3 I am going to be in Carlsbad for my 30th b-day. Staying at the Beach Terrace Inn (is it nice?) My question is that I want to have my family and some friends drive from anaheim to celebrate with me (lunch). What is a good restaurant that can accomadate a large party 17-23 people. I want good food and atmosphere with hopefully a full bar. But not too crazy since the grandparents will be there :).

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30th Bday

Beach Terrace Inn is 'nice' - certainly not 5-star (or even 4-star) but it is nice. The location is the best attribute. Very close to the hotel you'll find a couple of restaurants that accomodate groups, have good food, a full bar, and where you can have a good (but not too crazy) time. You can find all of these on the web:

- Dini's

- Norte (used to be known as Fidel's)

- Coyote Bar & Grill

Happy birthday!

Vallejo, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 30th Bday

Yeah, I couldn't find any 'nice' places that were right on the water like this one seemed to be.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 30th Bday

I think you will find "nice" to be an understatement. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. If you are looking for a nicer dining experience check into Vigilucci’s. It’s about 1.5 miles south, overlooking the ocean. You're friends can also take the train if they don't want to drive there (or back).The station is about 2 blocks from the hotel. Enjoy!

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
613 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 30th Bday

I agree with Vigilucci's. But beware - there are two locations. One is on State Street right in the heart of the Village. It is Italian bistro style.

The other one, which OCTraveler201 recommended is on Coast Hwy and Tamarack. It is directly overlooking the ocean and has a sunset view and patio seating. This one is considered a steakhouse/seafood restaurant.

Both fall in the $$$ category and are not cheap eats. Think white linen tablecloths. I love both locations and recommend the Tamarack location for a large group and a memorable experience.

5. Re: 30th Bday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2012, 14:32