We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Help- Staying at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort

Clearwater, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Rental Car Help- Staying at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort

Hey everyone,

In May I will be staying at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort for a few days..from there we will be going to LA for a week. We don't need a rental car for the Carlsbad trip, but need it to get to LA and for our stay there..I understand that getting from the Hyatt back to the San Diego Airport could get costly. We want to pick up a rental car when our stay at the Hyatt is over and return it at LAX when we fly home. Is there a closer location to rent a car other than the San Diego Airport? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for the help!

LEGOLAND® California
18 Reviews
from USD 99.99*
Go Los Angeles Card
120 Reviews
from USD 85.00*
LEGOLAND California with Transport
1 Review
from USD 149.00*
San Diego Round-Trip Theme Park...
2 Reviews
from USD 39.00*
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,754 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Help- Staying at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort

Hi KsP2011,

Welcome to the forums.

You can use Google.

Just put in Carlsbad car rentals and a map will come up showing locations.

You might also ask your hotel since it is a high end resort it might have rentals too.

How will you get from the San Diego airport to the resort?

How will you get around to other activities outside the resort??

Edited: 29 March 2011, 07:07
Clearwater, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Help- Staying at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort

Thank you for the response and advice!

I will be staying there for business, so transportation to the resort is provided. As for other activities, shuttle service is going to be provided for the most part.

I called the hotel and while they do have rental services on sight, the car would need to be returned to the same location. I was under the impression that if I rented from a local place near the resort that I would have to return it there too. I guess my best best is to call around.

Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car Help- Staying at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort

There is a small airport in Carlsbad, I think that Avis and Hertz are there. Another option is for one person to take the train back to San Diego and rent at the airport and then pick the rest of the party up in Carlsbad on the way to LA. Price it out vs. convenience of renting in Carlsbad.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,627 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car Help- Staying at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort

There's an Enterprise location nearby but, frankly, the Carlsbad Airport is only 5-10 minutes away and I'm sure you can easily get a hotel shuttle. You would have more options there. But I would also check Enterprise for pricing. I would be VERY surprised if there was a drop fee to San Diego Airport for anyone.

Good luck.

5. Re: Rental Car Help- Staying at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 18:15