We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland and waterpark

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Legoland and waterpark

Hi,

We are planning a trip to Legoland for the last week of June with my 8 year old son. Wondering if we need to plan 2 days for Legoland and the waterpark or if one day is enough for both. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Go San Diego Card
74 Reviews
from USD 94.00*
LEGOLAND® California
23 Reviews
from USD 99.99*
Special Offer
Go Los Angeles Card
127 Reviews
from USD 84.00*
USD 89.00
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Legoland and waterpark

Tough question, the LEGOLAND Resort is made up of three different "parks", the main park, the water park and an Aquarium. The Aquarium is a half day, and the Water Park is a half day, and the main park can be a full day, so if you want to truly enjoy the place, I would do two days. (and nice thing, a second day is not that much more money than a single day, some promotions will give you the second day for free).

Can you "cram" everything into one day, yes, but that isn't what I would want to do on vacation, especially with an 8 year old. I would do the Aquarium and some of the main park on one day, and then the water park and more of the main park on day 2. (And note, you don't have to do it on consecutive days, you can break it up).

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2. Re: Legoland and waterpark

Thank you so much for the advice. Just what I needed to hear!!

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Legoland and waterpark

I think that much of it depends on the weather. A warm, sunny day might lead to an all-day session at the water park. Legoland can be a lot to get through in one day, especially if it is crowded and you have to wait in long lines.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
57 posts
170 reviews
4. Re: Legoland and waterpark

As a local who has raised my kids at Legoland - I get a chuckle when I see tourists who are trying to cram. I've seen many parents get upset with their kids because they want to linger and just play with the legos while mom and dad has another agenda. If your son really loves legos - plan 2 days. Otherwise it can be done in one, but the added stress may not be worth it. It's a wonderful park - enjoy!!

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5. Re: Legoland and waterpark

Thank you all for your great advice. I think we will plan to be there for 2 days. It does seem difficult to cram all of that fun stuff into one day :)

Thanks again!

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
6. Re: Legoland and waterpark

I just saw this online offer for 5 days for all three parks for the price of a 1 day admission. Is this offer new? I'm planning to visit in June as well. Should I purchase it now or will it still be available closer to June?

…legoland.com/tickets/admission_tickets/

7. Re: Legoland and waterpark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2012, 14:17