We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve

My husband and I are spending New Year's Eve (which is also my birthday) in Cambria at the Sand Pebbles. We will go to Hearst Castle during the day and probably will want to eat at one of the nicer restaurants that evening. Any advice about a restaurant that would be special and romantic, and are there any special events for New Year's? I've already looked at the playhouse, and that looks fun, but it's expensive ($130 per person). Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Mentioned in this post
Cambria
Cambria
San Luis Obispo County, CA
Hearst Castle
Hearst Castle
5,912 Reviews
San Simeon, CA
Level Contributor
37,740 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve

Hi, I would check out the Sow's Ear Cafe, it has won awards for Best Romantic Restaurant in SLO County. It has very nice ambiance, fireplaces, white linen tablecloths, personable service and very good food. I love their Salmon in Parchment Paper here and the Country Fried Steak. The Fried Brie appetizer is really good here. The Black Cat Bistro is also a nice choice for a fantastic meal in Cambria. Enjoy! :)

Mentioned in this post
The Sow's Ear Cafe
The Sow's Ear Cafe
663 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Black Cat Bistro
Black Cat Bistro
548 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Cambria
Cambria
Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve

I made a reservation at Black Cat Bistro, but first I sent an e-mail, asking if they were open, and got a prompt response from the Chef/Owner. They are doing a $75 fixed price menu that night, and she assures me it's the most fun night of the year at the Black Cat. I'll post a review when I get home.

Mentioned in this post
Black Cat Bistro
Black Cat Bistro
548 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Level Contributor
37,740 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve

Sounds very nice, I'm sure you will love it! :)

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve

I'm sure there will some live music/entertainment going on at the Cambria Pines Lodge, as well, that you could venture over to after your meal at Black Cat.

P.S.- I met the owner of Black Cat last year. She was really cool. Enjoy your meal there and your visit to Cambria.

Mentioned in this post
Cambria Pines Lodge
Cambria Pines Lodge
5,230 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Cambria
Cambria
Cambria, California
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve

The Cambria Pine Lodge has a nice fireplace lounge with live music every night Their garden is all lit up with christmas lights right now, hopefully they will still be up when you visit.

The Hamlet is well known for their jazz concerts and has a beautiful view of the ocean

Not to much else going on. There are 3 wine tasting places in Cambria, but I doubt they are going to stay open late. Besides the lodge, there are 4 other bars or restaurants with bars in Cambria: Mozzi's, Las Cambritas, Mustache Petes and the Westend bar. They all stay open late

You may want to check out Cayucos on new years morning. Their annual Polar Bear dip is pretty funny to watch.

Mentioned in this post
Cambria
Cambria
Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve

Thank you for all these ideas. The polar plunge sounds great (to watch!). And the Cambria Pines Lodge too. We will probably check that out after our dinner. I'll post some reviews or a trip report when we get back. You are all a great help!!

Mentioned in this post
Cambria Pines Lodge
Cambria Pines Lodge
5,230 Reviews
Cambria, CA
7. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 21:21
Get answers to your questions about Cambria