We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

toronto,on
Level Contributor
390 posts
A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

We have been back from California for a couple of weeks now, and I'm finally getting around to saying thank you to all who helped us with the coastal part of our trip.

These two old gals had a great time.

We drove from SF and stayed right in Carmel at the Clarion Hotel right in the middle of the town.

The hotel itself is a bit 'tired and warn' but the location was fantastic. We could see the sun set over the tree tops.

Because we were staying right in town, we could walk all over and so didn't have to worry about parking.

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but they brought a picnic basket breakfast to our room each morning. It was great... cereal, milk, juice, fruit, and a bun..

We loved Carmel. OUr outstanding meal there was at The Mission Ranch" owned by Clint EAstwood. It was the best meal of the trip.

We spent a day at the Aquarium in Monterey and loved it.. and looked at all the shops along the pier there. loved it all

On to Cambria.... loved all the coast drive..

I won't bore you by writing what others have written... but just to say it was all wonderful.

Then we stayed at Cambria. ..at The Castle Inn on Moonstone Dr. It was in a row of motels overlooking the water with a wonderful boardwalk along the water.. We loved the motel and loved Cambria. We'd loved to have stayed longer.

Then on to Santa Barbara for a night. We only had time to see the main street and have dinner... but we were glad to see a bit of the town.

Then headed inland to Death Valley..... but that's another chapter!

But want to say a huge thanks to everyone who helped with our itinerary and gave such great advice. A special thank you to Kibblesmom and PGdenizen.

Our tripi would not have been as enjoyable without yoru input.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

Hi Kodi. Thank you for the trip report. I'm so glad that you and your friend had a great time. There is nothing quite like the Central Coast. I hope you'll be able to come back and spend some more time in Cambria. Take care!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,062 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

So glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to California, kodi. Yes, Cambria is a special place along our lovely coast, isn't it?

Thank you for letting us know how your trip turned out and please come back soon! We'll be here if you need us.

toronto,on
Level Contributor
390 posts
3. Re: A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

I'm very happy that both of you did see my post.

Thanks again... hopefully I'll have a chance to return someday. Your part of the country is so beautiful.

Level Contributor
39,028 posts
1,014 reviews
4. Re: A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

I'm glad you enjoyed your time on coast, Cambria was gorgeous yesterday. Did you have dinner there? :)

toronto,on
Level Contributor
390 posts
5. Re: A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

syrah sorry for not answering sooner. Yes we had dinner there, but we were disappointed.

I guess we were tired and maybe not very hungry . WE ate at an Italian place in town, around the corner...not sure of the name.. but we were not impressed. However, for anyone wanting HUGE quantities, this was the place to go!

Level Contributor
39,028 posts
1,014 reviews
6. Re: A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

Maybe Mustache Pete's, next time try the Sow's Ear or Black Cat Bistro. :)

toronto,on
Level Contributor
390 posts
7. Re: A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

I just did some research...it was Lombardi's. As I mentioned, perhaps we weren't very hungry.... but I'll try your recommendations next time.

I sure hope there is a next time.!!!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,062 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

We hope so, too, kodi!

9. Re: A small trip report and and a HUGE thank you .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 06:25
Get answers to your questions about Cambria