We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
776 posts
69 reviews
Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

Leaving in 3 days. We have a very short time in Cambria. Other then Moonstone beach and drive, what's on the must do list? Downtown? Where is downtown Cambria and what's there? Thanks!

Level Contributor
39,042 posts
1,014 reviews
1. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

There are shops, restaurants, etc. If you like to wine taste, go to Fermentations. The Seekers Glass Art Gallery is also interesting with some pretty pieces of glass art, I collect the small marbles here. The Sow's Ear Cafe, Robin's and the Black Cat Bistro are nice places for meals.

Linn's is a fun place to check out, they are famous for their ollalieberry products, across the street is The Tea Cozy which is a unique place for cup of tea, very relaxing here. www.centralcoast.com Have fun! :)

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
776 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

Thanks...very helpful....great website!!

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

At the other end of town, its split kind of in two is the Main Street Grill for great BBQ. I love their pulled pork sandwich and coke floats. Not on Weight Watchers, but hey, you're on vacation.

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
776 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

muffya....that's funny because I have been on weight watchers....LOL...but not while on vacation....life is too short!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,061 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

Hi sunlover

Cambria actually has two shopping areas: the East Village and the West Village. They're separated by about 1/2 to 3/4 mile. It's a small town, so easy to explore since most of the shops are along or just off Main St.

I like Heart's Ease on Burton Dr. just west of Main St in the East Village. They sell herbs, dried flowers, scented lotions/soaps, etc. The garden out back is lovely to walk through. Seekers Gallery sells unique glass art. Fun place!

If you have time, visit Cambria Nursery above the East Village. Take Burton Dr. west up the hill where it makes a left turn. First street you come to where you can turn right is where you want to turn left into the nursery's parking lot. It's a great place to stroll around the gardens they've set up complete with waterfalls and streams. Very relaxing place.

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
531 posts
70 reviews
6. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

Hi Sunlover,

I hope you like Cambria as much as we did! The downtown is fairly small and easily walkable.

http://www.cambriachamber.org/cbmag06.pdf

One of the stores we liked to just see is the Soldier Gallery and Hobby Shop 816 Main St. I'm not in to tin soldiers, but this place supplies tin soldiers around the world. The tiny details and selection is fascinating. We bought some grape napkin rings there and some Christmas ornaments, too. The have characters other than soldiers, such as Wizard of Oz, etc. It just takes a few minutes to look around, but is something different.

Have a piece of Olallieberry Pie and buy some jam at Linns, something you can't get anywhere.

I agree with going into Seekers glass, I could kick myself for not getting one of their glass pieces that looks like a jelly fish!

I know you don't have much time, but just a little further down the road is a small town called Harmony and they have a nice pottery Works and a little wine tasting area for Harmony Cellars.

Whatever you do, enjoy your time there!

From your neighbor to the north!

Level Contributor
39,042 posts
1,014 reviews
7. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

Another fun thing to do in Cambria is take a drive out to the Linn's Farm Store, we drove out here one time right after the fire at Linn's to buy some chicken pot pies, very pretty drive out to the store!

You may also want to go to nearby San Simeon and tour Hearst Castle, there is a pier there also. Piedras Blancas is a short drive away to see the elephant seals. :)

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,061 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

racine-lighthouse

Have you considered calling Seekers and asking if they could ship that piece of art glass to you?

Seekers Gallery: (805) 927-4352

Cambria, California
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

I would definately check out the gardens at the Cambria Pine Lodge.

Moonstone-Redwood is really cool shop. It is located between the villages. You can't miss it. It has some big redwood mushrooms out front.

You might like Nittwit Ridge. A bizzare house made from bottles, shells and other junk like auto parts.

The fudge store in the west village is also a must. During Christmas season she has packages waiting to be shipped stacked to the ceiling. Previous tourists order from all over the world.

Surprisingly some of the best t-shirts and other touristy momentos can be found at the Shell carwash. It is located next to The Grill (our local BBQ place).

Across the street from the grill is a nice stain glass gallery. Judy does nice work

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
776 posts
69 reviews
10. Re: Downtown Cambria,what's there and must do's

Thanks everyone for all your in put....I know i will enjoy visiting Cambria. I wrote down the names of those shops. We do plan to do Hearst and Piedras Blancas on the way up to Pacific Grove area. Leaving in less than 28 hrs....yipee!!

Get answers to your questions about Cambria