We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia for tweens (12 year old??)

Which Bavaro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Melia for tweens (12 year old??)

Hi, we have been to the Melia before (about 5 years ago) in Royal Service and loved it. Are thinking of returning again but our kids will be 10 and 12.

My kids are extremely active and as wonderful as the pool and beach are - they will be bored without activities and other kids to hang with.....apparently us parents just aren't cool enough for them LOL.

I am sure my 10 year old will love the kids club - which she enjoyed last time as she loves all the arts and crafts and games and such. But worried a bit about my 12 year old son.......don't think he will be "into" the kids club......and I can't find any info regarding a tween/teen club at the Melia......something structured or less structured....but whereby kids of the same age can get together for scheduled activities like ping pong tournaments, darts, etc.......of which we have experienced at some other resorts in Mexico.

Can anyone confirm the availability or unavailability of such a program for tweens/teens? Or is it a matter of luck of him finding other boys/kids to hang with?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia for tweens (12 year old??)

Hi smittygirl - We were at the Melia in March with our 9 year old (also very active) son (he just turned 10 last week) and he did have fun and hang out at the kids club, however, he was always the oldest and I think the only reason he had fun was because of the two guys who were working there and because he had fun going to the park to zipline and rock climb. I'm not sure a 12 year old would find as much to do if there aren't other kids his age around. I don't recall any kind of tween/teen program when we were there. You might want to check out the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - looks like a great place fun for kids of all ages - it's on our list for next trip. I'm also looking into Dreams La Romana and the Barcelo Maya and Iberostar Paraiso in the Mayan Riviera.

2. Re: Melia for tweens (12 year old??)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro