We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach adults only review

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
87 reviews
28 helpful votes
Barcelo Bavaro Beach adults only review
Save

Posting it here, since only 1500 letters are allowed in the 'official' review.

Before choosing this resort for the family reunion, I was looking at the reviews and have noticed that vast majority of 5 star reviews are posted by people who has written one review only. Nice try, Barcelo))

For what it matter, it is not 5 star resort, of course. Not even 4 stars. It is a decent 3 stars place. And one of the biggest issues there is customer service.

It seems like most of the stuff just had a 101 crash course and were placed to work. Appointment at 9 means that the stuff will be there at 9:10 at best, like it was for our sailing lesson. After reserving the rent of the equipment for another day we have showed up in time to find out that stuff has rented out everything already and we gotta wait 30 min until someone will return it. At the clinic, they suggested to show up for covid test at 7:30 - when bunch of ppl has showed up at this time, there was nobody, and when finally the nurse has showed up at 8:10, she had to wait and to call someo0ne to open the door. None of us paid this money to Barcelo to waste the time in lines.

Another ridiculous story was with attempts to hunt down Expedia and AirTransat representatives - they are uncatchable Joes, who (as we have been told) at their work places only until noon (they are on vacation, too, i guess). After two days trying to meet the misterious Air Transat agent to order airport transfer, I've been told I have to first make an appointment with him. Seriously?... After waiting twice for 20 min in line at guest service in Palace I draw the line and requested the proper service here and now, so the folks at guest service finally has made a call to AirTransat directly.

Room cleaning is done half-way always and we had to track down the cleaning service to get fresh towels.

At the restaurants, despite dress-code, seen few times man wearing t-shirts and even sleevless t-shirts for dinner. Or men sitting at the table during the lunch without shirts at all.

Adults only beach was constantly used by ppl with small children. We were witnessing a bar fight in the morning at the pool.

Beach itself is nice, and though I understand the idea not to fill it up with the sun-shading umbrellas or cabanas, the palm trees are not enough to provide a decent sun protection.

The stuff was cleaning the beach from the seaweed every day, but a lot of trash after tourists was left laying more inland, and I was founding pieces of glass here and there. This part of Bavaro Beach is protecvted by reef about 1 km away, so there is never surf/waves, which is good for families with kids. Few hundred meters from the beach there are two docking stations with dolphins, party boats with very loud music are constantly docking there, so there will be no serene relaxation on the beach with a book, if it was your idea.

And speaking of: get as many books to read as you can, since there is not news/magazine stand at the resort. None at any of the malls neither. None at the airport.

Food is just a sad story. Though, depends on one's requirements, of course. Say, the best restaurants were at level of Olive Garden or Applebee's - if you fancy their food, you will be surviving. Also, there is one kitchen for the bunch of restaurants, so do not expect much variety. The only food was worth singing the praises are local fruits: pineapple, papaya, mango etc were divine.

Rooms at adults section are very basic, I've heard a lot of folks were complaining about leaking showers. I would suggest to stay at the upper floors - and our rooms at the building next to La Brisa, being the basic superior, had an amazing ocean view.

I realize that the official answer to this review will be like 'we are very sorry, will consider' or something like that - but I am not coming back and just hope that the concerns will be at least heard for the sake of the future customers.

1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach adults only review

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.