We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Water

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Drinking Water

Hello fellow travellers - I just heard from a sister that she heard from a friend that drinking water is scarce in the Dominican at the moment (they didn't mention what part of the Dominican) - anyone know if there is any truth to this? Thanks in advance

Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Drinking Water

No truth in that story whatsoever - it is situation NORMAL in the DR and has been since the quake.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
2. Re: Drinking Water

You heard from someone who heard from someone...

There are enough posters here and on other boards with which I am affiliated that I KNOW I would have heard if this were true.

Just to give you an example:

When the earthquake hit Haiti on Jan.12 the official USGS time was 21:53:10 UTC The first posting on DR1 was at 21:55 UTC (we don't log seconds) from a poster in Santiago, DR - that's how fast the local response time is.

I simply refuse to believe info from such a circuitous route vs. direct postings.

Just one man's opinion.

Gregg

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,407 posts
288 reviews
3. Re: Drinking Water

Haven't had a problem buying drinking water in Cabarete, nor did I hear that there's any such problem elsewhere in the DR.

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
4. Re: Drinking Water

Great - thanks all - and yes that why I asked on this board - 'cause it came from a friend of a friend - (just a sister who knows I'm leaving Friday and was looking for me :) . . . 3 more sleeps! - how is the weather looking?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,407 posts
288 reviews
5. Re: Drinking Water

It's being sunny and warm for the past couple of weeks, except today that's a bit cloudy.

6. Re: Drinking Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete
Recent Conversations