We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Rosa

Arnprior, Canada
12 posts
La Rosa

I'm going to be staying at Novus Mare and 2ill be stocking up at supermacdo la rosa as it is with in walking distance does any buddy know if they sell liquor wine beer? and what is the selection for food. We are only getting breakfast supplies and maybe snacks and crackers cheese kolbasa bread milk coffee etc.. I dont speak Spanish

3 replies to this topic
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,378 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: La Rosa

We spent 5 weeks in Sosua, and never saw anything like kolbasa

The breads were great. Buy local fruit, mango and banana off local street vendors. Most items in the grocery store are US brands, grocery stores sell beer and liqour and wine. Cheese is good, not quite like cheddar from Canada.

Use an ATM to get DOP, the exchange at grocery stores is horrible, or use a credit card. I printed a little card, with some easy exchanges and carried it with me always,

$1= 37 DOP. $2= 75 DOP $5=189 DOP. $10= 378 DOP.

500 DOP = $13. 400 DOP =$ 10. 300 = $6

I found this handier than using a currency converter on my phone, as I did not have a DR SIM card.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,302 posts
351 reviews
2. Re: La Rosa

La Rosa is a small market with most things available including a small liquor section and staff will speak very little ENglish. IF you are staying for a week or more it may be a better option to walk (15 min) or cab ride to Janet's on the east side of Cabarete. If you are spending over $100 (US) they will deliver the food to your condo. Much larger selection, good prices, and some of the staff will speak ENglish.

BObK.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,481 posts
288 reviews
3. Re: La Rosa

Food selection is not great, but they do have a good supply of almost everything you may need, even though they don't have a huge selection. They do sell wine, beer and hard liquor.

The one big advantage of La Rosa is that it opens every day, even on holidays, from early morning till 10pm, rain or shine, whereas Janet's closes at 8pm M-Sat, Sundays at 1pm, and is closed on holidays.

Reply to: La Rosa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete
Recent Conversations