We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooters

Hampton Bays, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
scooters

Is it possible to rent scooters in Cabarete? If so, is it safe?

Mentioned in this post
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
15 replies to this topic
liverpool
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: scooters

yes i ride a big bike. regardless i simply asked a price not a DR lecture, as an adult i can risk access i dont need keyboard mothers

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
356 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: scooters

As people said, its not super safe. But once you get there, you will see plenty of tourist and locals alike in scooters and motos. Take a look around and see if its something you are up to. I've had a lot of fun riding around.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
356 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: scooters

"yes i ride a big bike. regardless i simply asked a price not a DR lecture, as an adult i can risk access i dont need keyboard mothers"

I'm with you!! I despise these type of posters that instead of answering a question, they try to discourage you from doing something because of THEIR personal preference or because they are scared or physically unable to do something.

If it were up to some people here, the rental car and moto industry in the DR will not exist.

People should mention the risk, explain how crazy traffic is there and give a strong warning if you feel like it. But who the heck are you to tell me what I can and can't do on my vacation.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,970 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: scooters

"People should mention the risk, explain how crazy traffic is there and give a strong warning if you feel like it. But who the heck are you to tell me what I can and can't do on my vacation."

And who told anyone on this thread what he/she can't do on vacation??? I couldn't care less what people want to do or do not want to do, if they want to jump from

I will continuing saying that driving in this country isn't safe not worth the risk for visitors. You're a foreigner, even if you're not at fault, you are at fault. You want to risk ending up in a DR jail for a few days till a judge can determine who's at fault, please go ahead.

I can't reply to how much it costs to rent a motorcycle here. I have no clue. And I doubt anyone who responded to this thread who lives here knows.

Edited: 31 May 2018, 23:44
liverpool
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: scooters

wow no DE knows the answer , and its been asked multiple times .

for any future enquiries [im not related to] www.easyrider-cabarete.com/eng . im sure there are others too on arrival .

as for the driving , on youtube videos it looks pretty civilized and i dont see what the fuss is about . but any TA thread always is the same ... "worst in the world" oooh scary . ive watched dozens of driving videos on DR , looks great .

ive also stubled accross this reckless adventure , please dont look DE's, it might make you wince on the sunbed lol facebook.com/Cabarete-Enduro-Tours-181537808… . cant wait . now sit back and enjoy the standard TA ''the your insurance wont cover you posts'' !!!

enjoy

have fun out there

Edited: 01 June 2018, 10:08
Reply to: scooters
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted