We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari jeep or bus?

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
safari jeep or bus?

Hi, staying at the Diani Sea Resort at the end of July for 2 weeks and hoping to book a 3 day, 2-night Tsavo safari. There are six of us travelling, and wondered if we could all fit into a jeep or is our only option a mini bus? Spent hours reading all your reviews of various lodges and camps and am hoping to spend a night under 'canvas' and the other in a lodge. Any suggestions about which are best, open to any advice you can give me. Also do you think we could get a better price if we book whilst there or online before we travel? Thanks.

Angela C X

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safari jeep or bus?

hi angelac yorkshire give jt a email very good reviews we have been to tsavio east & west with jt in 2009 which was great and this year for our 25th annerversary went to mara and stopped at little governors which was brill .jt has got 2 or 3 new 4 b 4 and r fab i av herd not seen so no coment but ask jt what they r like jt might not be the cheepest but is cheeper then reps prices plus it goes back to the locals .jt is the one to book with from me my opinium

2. Re: safari jeep or bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 June 2011, 16:35
Mombasa Kenya
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: safari jeep or bus?

Yes. You will fit in a jeep comfortably. On accommodation you can stay at satao camp in Tsavo East and Kilaguni serena in Tsavo West.

South Wales
Level Contributor
267 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safari jeep or bus?

We used a jeep although there were only 2 of us and it was great can recommend Kilaguni and satao lovely camps, Ashnil Aruba is also very good. JT safaris will give you a good price and is very reliable see julius-safaris.com for info and contact details.

5. Re: safari jeep or bus?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2011, 06:05
Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: safari jeep or bus?

Thanks everyone for your advice. I will go with your recommendations and get prices for Kilaguni and Satao. The new 4x4 sounds good fun, and will be better than a jeep for my ageing back!!! Roll on July.

Happy travels to you all. xx

7. Re: safari jeep or bus?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Ukunda
Recent Conversations