We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

single travel

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
single travel

will I have to pay a single supplement if I go on safari ?

Brandenburg City...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: single travel

This normally applies.

2. Re: single travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 June 2011, 21:35
Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: single travel

This is must and no way you can share the cost with other for accommodation.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,208 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: single travel

Works out very expensive if you're travelling alone to safari (or beach holiday). There's nornally a 50% Single supplement.

When you say 'safari' to Kenya, do you mean "Wildlife safari" or "Beach holiday" ?

There are plenty of options for "budget type" holidays in Kenya.

Stef

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
nairobi
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: single travel

this will have to apply

6. Re: single travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 June 2011, 19:05
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: single travel

It actually depends on *when* you're traveling. I'm planning a solo safari now, so I've been researching. Most (if not all) camps and resorts will have single supplements in the high season, but many of them don't in the low season.

Mombasa Kenya
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: single travel

Nice explanation DeanieN. Its true. it depends with the season and properties you are visiting. All/Most properties charge supplement during high and peak season while in low season some don't charge.

UK
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: single travel

can confirm - outside of high season you should be able to enjoy a safari with no single supplement

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: single travel

I am travelling solo in Aug too. But am having a hard time finding a Safari company that is is takins on singles. Most of the companies I contacted replied that moslty groups were going and there were no open slots for singles Unless i went on a solo safari which is quite expensive. One of them (Freddy Safaris) even said that I should get there and see if any are available at that time :(

Get answers to your questions about Ukunda