We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening weather

Armidale, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
122 reviews
Evening weather

Bit of a random question. I'm going on a camping safari in January 2017. O need to bring my own bedding. From my research I've found out that it is the raining season. I have a sleeping bag that is more suited to winter which is prefer not to bring. My question is - how cold does it get at night in the parks like Kruger and in places like Maun, Palapye and the Okavango Delta at night. Would I be fine in January with a light covering? I'm assuming it will be humid, but better to ask than just assume and be very wrong.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Evening weather

Australia is very similar in January as in SA, Botswana as it is within same Latitude range give or take a few. So a winter sleeping bag is going to be too heavy .Humidity much the same as well. Hard to predict as there is drought in Kruger currently although some light rain now. Mosquitoes will be in their element in Maun if near Thamalakane River and parts of OD .

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Evening weather

You'll be fine in the delta with a light covering. Temperatures are approximately 19/32 degrees Celsius in January.

3. Re: Evening weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2017, 16:15