We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

Any suggestions for reasonably priced accommodation for 3 couples, not camping on this stretch of road. We plan to travel this road next May in 2WD SUV vehicles.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

Depends which road you intend to take from Maun to Divundu - B8 or A35 via Panhandle There are few places along the B8 listed here namibian.org/travel/lodging/caprivi_accommod…

We stayed a night at Nunda Lodge in Divundu, very nice

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

Thanks for reply. I am looking for places to stay in Botswana on A 35. We have booked accommodation in the Caprivi area .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

OK. My contact in Maun mentioned Drotsky's Cabins 5 km SE of Shakawe and Sepopa Swamp Stop on Maun Shakawe road, when I asked about accommodation along the Panhandle. We did not end up going that route so don’t know details. Don’t think you need 4 x 4 wd.

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
4. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

Have a look at this page for a few other alternative accommodations. www.maunselfdrive4x4.com/westernbotswana.htm

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

Thank you all for your suggestions of where to stay. Greatly appreciated your advice and I will look into all of them

Central Portugal...
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

hi guma lagoon camp was great when we were there , on the panhandle just off the a35

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
300 posts
1 review
7. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

Guma lagoon is a beautiful and inexpensive place to stay, they have nice and basic chalets right on the lagoon, however you really do need a 4x4 to get to them as its 15km of sometimes heavy sand to get to the lodge. You can however get in touch with them and they will arrange for your car to be looked after at the local village (safe) and transfer you to camp.

Guma is idilic, and the owner Guy, is a great bloke. http://www.guma-lagoon.com

Alternatively, you can try Shakawe Lodge, right on the Delta Channels, lovely Chalets which will be a little lore expensive. Lovely though http://www.shakawelodge.com

Shakawe Lodge should be OK with 2x4 depending on water levels but check with the lodge first.

If you want to splurge more.... try Nxamaseri Lodge or Mopiri Lodge, more upmarket

Roger

Owner of Safari Lifestyles

Florida
Level Contributor
268 posts
8. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

We drove the stretch between Maun and Divundu via the panhandle in one day as we decided we were not interested in staying in a fishing or birding lodge. So we reached the border at about 4 pm, did some riverfront game driving in Mahango NP Namibia that lies right at the border, then reached Nunda Lodge located about 10km from the north gate of Mahano Park (high chance to see sable and roan antelopes there)

I can highly recommend this lodge as far as friendliness, dinner, pool, garden, and boat ride on the river are concerned. We only ever camped there but the bungalows are situated on riverfront and you will hear hippos snorting all night.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

Kali, I agree with your comments as I stayed @ Nunda in the Meru Tents facing the Kvango river... nice Lodge as Nooee rightly says but the OP wants the Botswana side. I did enjoy reading your link btw as you tell it like it is . ~~

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: Place to stay between Maun and Divundu

We are actually booked to stay at Mahangu Lodge. Glad to hear you were happy with it