We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vehicle hire

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
279 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Vehicle hire

My wife and i are trying to plan a trip to vic falls, with safaris in chobe and the okavango delta' finishing in maun. we are looking at the audi camp, near maun, as a base where we can do a couple of day tours ( mokoro in the delta and moremi np). What i'd like to know is it worth hiring a vehicle for the other of days, is there much to see + do and if so what class of vehicle would i need, i don't want to chance anything too difficult in an off road sense.

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vehicle hire

If you are just looking in taking in some sights in Maun, a taxi will do. You could do a Moremi Day trip, and this is easily organized in Maun for you. Most accommodation options in Maun will help you with transport into town, or organize the day trips for you. You can also book these day trips in advance, so that you might be able to join other people on the trips to reduce costs. For instance a day trip to Moremi will cost you around 125$ per person if you are 4 people, and obviously double that if you are only 2.

Hope this helps.

Anton

Lelobu Maun

Edited: 28 October 2015, 17:36
Mentioned in this post
Maun
Maun
Ngamiland East, Botswana
Moremi Game Reserve
Moremi Game Reserve
Okavango Delta, Botswana
County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
279 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vehicle hire

Thanks Anton i know about the organised trips we can do, i wanted to find out if it was worth hiring a vehicle to do our own thing, maybe taking up to 2 hour drives from maun, checking out the scenery random wildlife (if any) and so forth. I have never driven off road so i don't want to take chances, i'll leave that to the professional guides on our safari tours.

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vehicle hire

You could hire a 4x4 and drive to places like the road to South Gate, so an early morning 2.5 hour easy drive would be good. As long as its not rainy season. You normally see some game early in the morning on the road.

4. Re: Vehicle hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2016, 15:17