We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Transfer from JoBerg to Maun - August 2016

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Luggage Transfer from JoBerg to Maun - August 2016

My flight into JoBerg arrives at 7:10am (British Airways) and flight departs to Maun at 11:45am (SAA), same day. It has been 13 years since I have been O.R. Tambo airport (remember it being huge) and I presume I will be able to check my luggage all the way through to Maun or better to pick up my luggage and take with me when I check in for my flight to Maun (seems like I would have time to do that). Bear with me as the last 12 years I have been doing safari's in Kenya and know that routine so well I could do in my sleep. I a SO excited to finally do a trip to Botswana!!

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,872 posts
1. Re: Luggage Transfer from JoBerg to Maun - August 2016

I'm not sure you can check all the way through. If the tickets were bought separately then it depends on the relationship between the airlines. I have had luggage successfully checked through between BA and Air Botswana, but last year with BA and SAA (to Lusaka) I could not. So I don't know for sure, but I suspect you can't check your bag through. Having said that, you have loads of time and you might be better off collecting your bag and rehecking it in anyway. Less chance of it going astray that way. If I have the time sometimes I do that on the way out even if checking bags through is possible- having a bag delayed outbound is a pain (I don't care on the way home).

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Luggage Transfer from JoBerg to Maun - August 2016

Thanks for the reply Stokeygirl and what you say makes sense. Since it seems I will have the time to collect bag and do luggage transfer myself. I too care outbound luggage more than on the way home :>)

3. Re: Luggage Transfer from JoBerg to Maun - August 2016

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2016, 15:17