We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Maun to Victoria Falls

London, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Maun to Victoria Falls

Hi,

Are there any scheduled direct flights Maun to Vic Falls? I understand that Air Botswana used to do this route but must have stopped within the last few years.

We've spoken to a few air operators and they do chartered flights, however we were hoping we could buy a seat in a larger plane to keep costs down.

Is this no longer possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

H

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Uganda
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Maun to Victoria Falls

Have you ruled out flying to Kasane? That would seem the most obvious route to me. Your tour op should be able to organise the cross-border transfer pretty easily and it would be considerably cheaper than chartering, though the land border can sometimes take a little while.

Alexandra- Extraordinary Africa

Mentioned in this post
Kasane
Kasane
North-West District, Botswana
Maun
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Maun to Victoria Falls

Flying to Kasane is a good idea. Air Botswana fly Maun to Kasane. You could then arrange a pickup from the airport by someone like Bushtracks who are based in Kasane, very reliable and we use them a lot. They transport you by road across the border to Vic Falls.

If I remember rightly, Bushtracks charge about $50 per pesrson.

Mentioned in this post
Kasane
Kasane
North-West District, Botswana
Maun
Maun
Ngamiland East, Botswana
3. Re: Travel from Maun to Victoria Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2016, 21:18